Zach Friend serves as Second District Supervisor for Santa Cruz County. The beautiful and diverse Second District includes the coastal communities of Aptos, La Selva Beach, Seacliff and Rio Del Mar, along with some of the most productive agricultural land in the country in the communities of Corralitos, Freedom and the Pajaro River basin. Portions of the cities of Capitola and Watsonville are also included in the district. Zach was originally elected to the Board of Supervisors in 2012 and reelected in 2016.
You can meet with Supervisor Friend in person most weeks on Wednesdays from 9:00 a.m. until 10:00 a.m. at the Aptos Safety Center, located at 171 Aptos Village Way, Suite T1 (corner of Trout Gulch and Aptos Village Way). On the first and third Wednesday of the month, staff will generally be present to aid constituents.
Supervisor Friend also holds office hours in Corralitos on the third Wednesday of the month from 9:00 a.m. until 10:00 a.m. at the Corralitos/Cal Fire Station located at 120 Eureka Canyon Road.
Supervisor Friend also holds office hours in Watsonville on the fourth Thursday of the month from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. at the Sheriff’s South County Service Station located at 790 Green Valley Road, Watsonville. Additionally, on the fourth Thursday of the month, Zach holds office hours in La Selva Beach from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the La Selva Beach Library located at 316 Estrella Avenue.
Please call Supervisor Freind's office at 454-2200 in advance to confirm that a meeting will be held on the day you plan to attend. You can also call the office directly to arrange an appointment for your organization.
Supervisor Friend represents the Board of Supervisors on the following regional agencies and boards:
- California Film Commission - Appointed by Governor Brown
- Criminal Justice Council
- Highway 1 Construction Authority
- Library Financing Authority
- Local Agency Formation Commission
- Monterey Bay Air Resources District Board of Directors
- Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary Task Force
- Oversight Board for the former Redevelopment Agency of the City of Watsonville
- Oversight Board of the Successor Agency for the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Capitola
- Pajaro River Project Finance Committee
- Santa Cruz County Regional Transportation Commission
- Santa Cruz County Sanitation District Board of Directors
- Santa Cruz Mid-County Water Agency Board of Directors
Supervisor Friend and his staff can be contacted as follows:
- 701 Ocean Street, Room 500, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
- (831) 454-2200 (phone)
- (831) 454-3262 (FAX)
For more information on Supervisor Friend and the Board of Supervisors, visit: http://www.co.santa-cruz.ca.us/Government/BoardofSupervisors/District2.aspx